From April 10 to April 14, the City of Dallas will be celebrating National Community Development Week. This week is meant to bring attention to the Community Development Block and Home Investment Partnership Program grants. 

Through these grants, the City of Dallas enjoys federal funding for homebuyer assistance, early childhood & youth services, community court, and affordable housing. 

The city highlighted three real estate projects in their press release:

The Galbraith

The Galbraith's distinctive architecture style certainly has curb appealSource: Click Engineering

The Galbraith (also pictured at the top of this article) is a five story mixed use development being built at 2400 Bryan Street in Downtown Dallas. A partnership between Matthews Southwest, the City of Dallas, and Volunteers of America is facilitating the development of the project. Perkins & Will and Click Engineering are responsible for the architecture and engineering of the project, respectively. As of the time of publishing, Matthews Southwest lists the project as under construction.

The Galbraith will feature 217 multifamily units with 51% devoted to affordable housing and the remaining 49% at market rate in addition to 12,000 SF of ground floor retail.


La Maison at Five Eleven
La Maison at Five Eleven is a unique development located at 511 N Lancaster Ave in the Bishop Arts area. Built for individuals impacted by HIV/AIDS, the 16 unit affordable housing development will charge residents only 30% of their income as rent. 

Opened in December 2022, La Maison is the fifth such development created by AIDS Services of Dallas. They will be offering an open house on Thursday, April 13 at 2:00 PM.


Austin Street Center for Community Engagement

Boasting 60,000 SF of indoor space, the Austin Street Center for Community Engagement is well prepared to help the most vulnerable in societySource:

Opened in June 2022, the Austin Street Center for Community Engagement is a 24/7 homeless shelter in Deep Ellum. Confusingly located at 1717 Jeffries Street, the 60,000 SF facility is more than double the size of its predecessor. The state-of-the-art facility offers 24/7 services including dining, employment & education services, mental health services, general medical services, and housing placement services.